Notes from New Sodom

... rantings, ravings and ramblings of strange fiction writer, THE.... Sodomite Hal Duncan!!

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Paper Cinema's Odyssey



You also still have a chance to see The Paper Cinema's Odyssey at Summerhall, Main Hall at 14.15. I can't recommend this enough. For all the simplicity of the concept (in theory,) the combination of puppetry by way of cut-out drawings with music and sound effects makes for a staggeringly complex show--the amount of effort they've put into it will blow you away--and one that comes alive to utterly captivating effect. I might be giving a delightful little detail away if I describe Telemachus as an angel-headed hipster, but fuck it, if it piques your interest, it's worth it. Again, just go see it already. I went to it twice while I was doing Story's End; it's that good.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home