Notes from New Sodom

... rantings, ravings and ramblings of strange fiction writer, THE.... Sodomite Hal Duncan!!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Nec Spe, Nec Metu

Having created a YouTube account for the It Gets Better video, I thought I might as well use it. So, here's me reading a wee poem I did as a riff on Wilfred Owen's "Dulce Et Decorum Est," picking up on some of the themes addressed in the previous vid. It's called "Nec Spe, Nec Metu," in reference to the motto inscribed on the knife of one of history's greatest fags, the artist Caravaggio -- "nec spe, nec metu" meaning "no hope, no fear":


Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sulla said...

That was so totally fucking awesome. A really really good rip off/tribute/whatever of one of my favourite poems (and poets).

9:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home