Notes from New Sodom

... rantings, ravings and ramblings of strange fiction writer, THE.... Sodomite Hal Duncan!!

Monday, October 06, 2008

Congratulations to Hannu...

... and good news for us all. It seems that Hannu Rajaniemi, Edinburgh-based Finnish writer of slicing-and-dicing edge SF has been picked up for a three book deal by Simon Spanton. It's great to see a member of the Edinburgh crowd making their (well-deserved) breakthrough, and from what I've read of his short fiction, I'm *really* looking forward to seeing the novels. I'd say, "take it from me", but I reckon there'll be a good few voices adding their assent -- Hannu's going to make a fucking *big* impact in the world of SF. Ye can expect the name Rajaniemi to be getting bandied about alongside Banks, Stross and Macleod in about a year's time... if not before.

So, yeah, congrats to Hannu. And it really couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home