Notes from New Sodom

... rantings, ravings and ramblings of strange fiction writer, THE.... Sodomite Hal Duncan!!

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Soundtrack Podcast & Other News

Just so's you know: Julie K. Rose, over at the Writers and Their Soundtracks blog has just posted my soundtrack to VELLUM & INK, with a link to the podcast where you can hear some of the tracks and a bit of the Q&A session we had by email, read out by Julie. The full text of the interview should be up on the site at some point next week, but if ye've got a chance to listen to the podcast, well, ye'll get to hear the collaboration I did with Aereogramme for the Ballads of the Book album, "If You Love Me, You'd Destroy Me". Sure, I'm biased here, but regardless of what ye think of my lyrics, the music Aereogramme put them to is seven shades of awesome, so go listen.

In other news...

I'm looking forward to a wee trip to the Czech Republic at the end of the month, where I'll be a guest at Parcon in Pilsen, along with Jeff and Ann VanderMeer, Ian R. Mcleod and Les Edwards, making this sort of the world's first New Weird convention. It sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun (there's talk of a beer spa), so if yer in the area between 22nd and 24th August, come say Hi.

In terms of other conventions there's a sorta bad news / good news situation, because unfortunately I'm going to miss WFC this year, the awesome con that's really the highlight of my year in con terms, not least because it's my only real opportunity to catch up with the good mates I've made in the States over the last couple of years. I'm really going to miss not seeing the gang this year, hanging out with the smokers like the bad kids at school, getting roaringly drunk and confusing people with my unintelligible accent and slurred rants. The good news flipside of this is that the reason I can't go is because I've been invited to Utopiales in Nantes as a guest! Which is *well* cool. It looks to be an awesome experience (and it takes me to France at a time when the Boy Kitten will be studying there.) So, yeah, that's a pretty cool reason not to be able to make it, I'd say.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hal--

Utopiales trumps WFC. No question about that.

8:25 pm  
Blogger Hannes Riffel said...

I'd love to go to Pilsen -- seeing Jeff & Ann & you there would have been great! But alas there is this smallish book called INK screaming at me everyday from my desk, wanting to get translated, and Sara and me have visitors too on that weekend. So make sure to include a week in Berlin the next time you get itchy feet. And say hallo to everyone at Parcon!

Best -- Hannes

1:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@hal: meet you tomorrow for a beer? in plzen? my treat, if you agree to sign a copy of ink for me!
hi, hannes! the romanian new weird antho is coming from the printer on monday or tuesday! you'll have your copy!

10:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home